All KCE Youth Cheerleading uniform orders are due by midnight tonight Fri August 16th. Please place your order on the cheerleading page WEBSTORE
Equipment Handout on Sunday July 28th
Youth Travel & Flag Football registration is open online. Register today!
June 17th – 20th 9:00am – 12:00pm
Here’s a chance to get a jump-start on your competition!
The Division III State Champion Kenston Football coaches and players will be teaching fundamentals and skills, as well as sharing philosophies on all aspects of the game.
Players will increase their knowledge of the game, improve their speed and agility, and have fun at the same time.
Players will be divided according to age, size, and skill level. Each session will include instruction time on different positions and the skills required playing and improving on various aspects of the game.
Players will end each session with a pick-up touch game to reinforce skills learned that day.
NOTE: This is a non-equipment, non contact camp. Players can provide their own mouthpieces for their safety. Football shoes are allowed. Please bring a water bottle and tennis shoes.
Register by June 10 to be guaranteed a t-shirt.
Kenston youth football is in immediate need for volunteers for their Sept. 30th home games. Please consider volunteering a few hours of your time to help out our awesome youth football concessions coordinators!
Parade: Thursday, September 27th 6:30pm KHS High School
This year we have over 30 participants, making it one of the largest homecoming parades on record! We are looking forward to this fantastic, spirit-filled community event! The following includes some information already shared as well as some new last minute details. If you are associated with one of the groups below, please review the following information:
- Arrival Time for all Participants: must arrive by 5:45 p.m. in the KHS Staff Lot, enter lot at top aisle and drive/walk to your designated line-up area. The line-up will start in the bottom aisle facing the Parade Route and wind around to the top aisle.
- Signage will be used to help direct and communicate where participants should line up. Also please refer to the line-up order listed below.
- All traffic must enter KHS through the Snyder Road driveway. Only parade vehicles will be permitted to access the Staff Lot. Barricades will be in place to control the traffic. The Bainbridge Road entrance will be barricaded and only emergency vehicles will be permitted to pass through.
- If parents are dropping off students to participate, they must walk down from the KHS Student Parking Lot to the Staff Lot.
- Please embrace the 2018 Homecoming theme of Emerald City with your decor. It is also nice to have a banner/sign to represent your team and/or organization.
- Bring plenty of candy to throw out to all our community members
- Parade will start promptly at 6:30 p.m. and follow the route pictured below
- We encourage all participants to attend the Homecoming Pep Rally at the conclusion of the parade in the KHS Stadium at 7:00 p.m.
Final Parade Line-up:
- Firetrucks – Auburn & Bainbridge
- Kenston High School Marching Band
- Cheerleaders – 1 truck
- Football Team – 3 trucks
- Grand Marshall(s) – Distinguished Alumni – 4+ adults – 1 pick-up truck
- Mrs. Santilli
- Dr. Poe
- Senior Court (5 vehicles)
- Senior Float
- Junior Court
- Junior Float
- Sophomore Court
- Sophomore Float
- Freshmen Court
- Freshmen Float
- KHS Bomber Bash Float
- KHS & KMS Cross Country Athletes
- KHS Volleyball
- KHS Soccer – Girls & Boys – trucks
- KHS Golf – Girls & Boys – golf cart
- Middle School Football
- KCE Youth Football – 2 trucks
- Middle School Cheerleaders
- KCE Youth Cheerleaders
- Kenston Sparklettes – trucks
- CEC Club
- Envirothon Club
- Girl Scouts
- Boy Scouts
- Bainbridge Christian PreSchool Float
Kenston Youth Football Night is Friday, September 14, 2018
KMS Football & Cheerleaders, KCE Travel Football, KCE Flag, KCE Cheerleaders, KCE Sparklettes
- 6:25pm – Youth/MS Football Players, Cheerleaders and Sparklettes line up outside team gate (gate closest to HS)
- KMS & Youth Cheerleaders will go with the Varsity Cheerleaders
- Sparklettes will go with the Bomberettes
- After Varsity & 8th Grade Football teams go to locker room, Youth/MS players will enter the field
- Each division will be called to run through the inflatable tunnel
- Youth/MS players will then exit back out the team gate
- Youth/MS players will then form a human tunnel for Varsity players to run through as they re-enter the stadium
- Youth/MS players will then proceed to the main gate
- Admission is free for all youth/MS players wearing their jersey
- Admission is free for all registered coaches – list will be at the pass gate
Just a reminder that, starting this week, first and second graders will only practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and third through sixth graders will only practice on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Also, if this is the first year that your son is playing tackle football, please make sure that you upload his birth certificate and report card as indicated in the previous email. The deadline for doing so is this Saturday, 8/18. However, it is recommended that you do not wait until the last minute, as several people have been encountering technology issues.
Finally, the league game schedule will be released sometime this week. Once it is released, we will schedule the scrimmages for this Sunday.
– Kenston Youth Football Board
Just a reminder that the deadline for registering your son to play 1st – 6th grade tackle football is quickly approaching. If you have not yet signed up your son, please do so prior Sunday, July 29th to avoid any issues receiving football equipment. Register on KCE’s website.
Equipment handout will be at Auburn Community Park (17484 Munn Road) on Sunday, July 29th at the following times:
Noon – Coaches & Coaches’ Kids
1:00pm – 1st and 2nd graders
1:30pm – 5th and 6th graders
2:00pm – 3rd and 4th graders
Mandatory conditioning will be at Auburn Community Park on Monday, July 30th through Thursday, August 2nd from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Players should arrive at 5:30 pm in a t-shirt, shorts, and cleats with their helmet, mouth guard, and water bottle.
All conditioning is non-contact.
There will be a contact evaluation for all NEW players in 3rd through 6th grade on the morning of Saturday, August 4th if we have enough players to field more than one team.
Live contact practice starts on Monday, August 6th for 3rd – 6th graders and on Tuesday, August 7th for 1st and 2nd graders.
- Practice will be from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm – players should arrive at 5:30 pm in all of their equipment with a water bottle.
- 3rd – 6th graders will practice four times per week on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Once school begins, 3rd – 6th graders will only practice on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- 1st and 2nd graders will practice three times per week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Once school begins, 1st and 2nd graders will only practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- All practices will be at Auburn Community Park.
- By league rules, all players must have a full week of non-contact conditioning before being allowed any contact in practice
Games – The Western Reserve Youth Football League (WRYFL) has not yet completed scheduling its games for 2018. When we know the precise dates/times of the first games we will be sure to promptly notify all parents and players.
– Kenston Youth Football Board