Girls rec basketball registration has been extended online. Register today!
This year we have over 30 participants, making it one of the largest on record! We are looking forward to this fantastic, spirit-filled community event!
- Arrival Time for all Participants: must arrive by 5:15 p.m. in the KHS Staff Lot, enter lot at top aisle and drive/walk to your designated area. The line-up will start in the bottom aisle facing the Parade Route and wind around to the top aisle.
- Signage will be used to help direct and communicate where participants should line up.
- All traffic must enter KHS through the Snyder Road driveway. Only parade vehicles will be permitted to access the Staff Lot. Barricades will be in place to control the traffic. The Bainbridge Road entrance will be barricaded and only emergency vehicles will be permitted to pass through.
- If parents are dropping off students to participate, they must walk down from the KHS Student Parking Lot to the Staff Lot.
- Please embrace the 2019 Homecoming theme of Arabian Nights with your decor. It is also nice to have a banner/sign to represent your team and/or organization.
- Bring plenty of candy to throw out to all our community members
- Parade will start promptly at 6:00 p.m. and follow the route pictured below
- Please note that there will not be a pep rally this year at the conclusion of the parade!
Final Parade Line-up:
- Firetrucks – Auburn & Bainbridge
- Kenston High School Marching Band
- Cheerleaders – 1 truck
- Football Team – 3 trucks
- Grand Marshall(s) – Distinguished Alumni – 5 adults – 3 jeeps
- Mrs. Santilli
- Dr. Poe
- Senior Court (5 vehicles)
- Senior Float
- Junior Court
- Junior Float
- Sophomore Court
- Sophomore Float
- Freshmen Court
- Freshmen Float
- KHS Bomber Bash Float – truck w/ trailer (30 kids)
- KHS Girls Tennis – 2 trucks (25 girls)
- KHS Girls Golf
- KHS Cross Country Teams
- KHS Speech & Debate – truck
- KMS Cheerleaders
- KMS Football – 7th & 8th
- KMS Volleyball
- KMS Cross Country
- KCE Youth Cheerleaders
- Kenston Sparklettes – truck w/ 45 girls
- KCE Youth Football – 2 flatbed trailers (60 kids)
- Girl Scouts – one vehicle w/ a trailer – (30 to 40 kids)
- Boy Scouts – no vehicle (50 kids)
- Bainbridge Christian PreSchool Float – trailer (20 people)
Thank you again! We look forward to another fantastic Homecoming Parade!
BOMBERS FLY TOGETHER!
Congratulations to the 2019-20 Kenston Travel Basketball Players!
Please see the following timeline regarding commitments:
- 9/27/19 4PM: Team rosters will be posted on the KCE Travel Basketball Page.
- 9/27/19 4PM: Online Application to Coach will be available.
- 9/30/19 6PM-8PM: Uniform fittings at Gardiner Center.
- 10/1/19 4PM: Coaching applications must be received.
- 10/3/19: Team coaches will be announced.
- 10/4/19 at 4PM: Players must commit by registering and paying ($325) to accept invitation to play (see registration button). Any open spots will be offered to next in line starting at 4:01pm. Visit the Travel Basketball Page on the KCE website to register.
- 10/17/19: MANDATORY Parent/Player meeting 7pm in KMS Cafeteria.
- Teams will practice two times per week for 1.5 hours, scheduled per coach and based on gym availability.
- Each family is required to volunteer for 3 hours of concessions scheduled anytime during the season. You may purchase the Concessions – Volunteer Opt-Out Commitment Charge to be relieved of the 3-hour volunteer concessions requirement for the current season.
Boys Recreational Basketball online registration grades PreK – 8th is open.
KCE Travel Basketball 2019-20 Tryouts
KENSTON RESIDENTS ONLY & Pre-registration required. See the detailed dates, times and locations below or on the KCE Sports Page. Players are encouraged to attend both tryouts but must make 1 of 2 tryouts minimum. If you were on the team last year, it does not guarantee you have a position this year!
Restricted Clothing for Tryouts*
Players will not be permitted to tryout if they wear any clothing that has their name, previous Kenston team uniforms, or any other clothing that would create an unfair bias during the tryout evaluation process.
Gym location subject to change. Please monitor the KCE website, Facebook, or @Kenston_KCE on Twitter the day of the event.
Boys Travel Basketball Tryouts
|3rd Boys||Monday 9/16||TES||5:30-7:00pm|
|4th Boys||Monday 9/16||TES||7:00-8:30pm|
|5th Boys||Monday 9/16||AUX||5:30-7:00pm|
|6th Boys||Monday 9/16||AUX||7:00-8:30pm|
Girls Travel Basketball Tryouts
|4th Girls||Tuesday 9/17||TES||5:30-6:30pm|
|5th Girls||Tuesday 9/17||TES||6:30-7:30pm|
|6th Girls||Tuesday 9/17||TES||7:30-8:30pm|
Teams will practice two times per week for 1.5 hours, scheduled per coach and based on gym availability.
Each family is required to volunteer for 3 hours of concessions scheduled anytime during the season.
9/27/19 4PM: Team rosters will be posted on the KCE Travel Basketball Page.
9/27/19 4PM: Online Application to Coach will be available.
9/30/19 6PM-8PM: Uniform fittings at Gardiner Center.
10/1/19 4PM: Coaching applications must be received.
10/3/19: Team coaches will be announced.
10/4/19 at 4pm: Players must commit by registering and paying ($325) to accept invitation to play (see registration button). Any open spots will be offered to next in line starting at 4:01pm.
10/17/19: MANDATORY Parent/Player meeting 7pm in KMS Cafeteria.
Updated 9/12/19 10:50am
Join the KCE Girls Spring Recreational Volleyball League to develop volleyball skills and learn the fundamentals of serving, passing and setting. This league is for Kenston residents who are in 1st thru 9th grade. All skill levels are welcome. Bring water and knee pads. Players will be placed on teams based on grade & skill level to balance the teams for a competitive fun league. Players will learn through games and 1 weekday practice. Register here!
Coaches are needed for all divisions. If you can volunteer to be a head or assistant coach, please visit our Coaches Corner page to see coaching requirements and to register.
All-league practice is September 8th. All-league schedule
Please monitor the KCE website for updates and information.
*After the deadline (August 31st), registrations will only be accepted to back-fill each league and a $15 late fee will apply.
Please visit the sports page for game schedule, practice schedule and all other info or updates. If you can’t find something you need, text Jen at 440-591-9011 with your child’s name, grade and sport.
Sign up for text alerts: for flag football text KCEFLAG to 84483, for soccer text KCESOCCER to 84483.