Meals on Wheels Chagrin (MOW) has been providing meal delivery service to our Chagrin Valley neighbors in need since 1976.
Considered an “Essential Work or Activity” by the Ohio Department of Health Director’s Stay at Home Order, MOW has continued to prepare and deliver meals during the Covid-19 crisis. MOW implemented a meal delivery protocol to comply with the Director’s Order and protect both meal recipients and volunteers.
- Recipients are now required to place coolers outside their door to receive meals so there is no direct contact with drivers.
- The drivers wear face masks and gloves while at the MOW facility and while handling delivery coolers.
- In order to practice “social distancing”, the drivers are riding solo rather than in pairs as they did previously.
- The Kitchen staff is also taking extra precautions to ensure that meals are free from contamination during preparation and packing.
The number of recipients receiving meals has increased over the past few months but thanks to our dedicated drivers and kitchen volunteers, MOW continues to operating efficiently.
MOW is currently seeking additional kitchen volunteers (one morning per week Mon.-Fri). If interested, please contact Sue Mansour at 440-668-9399. For more information on MOW, please visit our website at www.chagrinfallsmeals.org.
How does the program work? SO MUCH FOR SO LITTLE
- Both a light and a full meal are delivered by noon to your door up to 5 days per week in microwavable containers for easy preparation
- There is a simple sign up for meal service
- There is a $6.00 fee per day for the meals. (Consideration made for financial difficulties)
To apply for Meal Service, call Sue Mansour, Recipient Coordinator at 440-668-9399 or call the Meals on Wheels Kitchen at 440- 543-1405