Just a reminder that the deadline for registering your son to play 1st – 6th grade tackle football is quickly approaching. If you have not yet signed up your son, please do so prior Sunday, July 29th to avoid any issues receiving football equipment. Register on KCE’s website.
Equipment handout will be at Auburn Community Park (17484 Munn Road) on Sunday, July 29th at the following times:
Noon – Coaches & Coaches’ Kids
1:00pm – 1st and 2nd graders
1:30pm – 5th and 6th graders
2:00pm – 3rd and 4th graders
Mandatory conditioning will be at Auburn Community Park on Monday, July 30th through Thursday, August 2nd from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Players should arrive at 5:30 pm in a t-shirt, shorts, and cleats with their helmet, mouth guard, and water bottle.
All conditioning is non-contact.
There will be a contact evaluation for all NEW players in 3rd through 6th grade on the morning of Saturday, August 4th if we have enough players to field more than one team.
Live contact practice starts on Monday, August 6th for 3rd – 6th graders and on Tuesday, August 7th for 1st and 2nd graders.
- Practice will be from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm – players should arrive at 5:30 pm in all of their equipment with a water bottle.
- 3rd – 6th graders will practice four times per week on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Once school begins, 3rd – 6th graders will only practice on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- 1st and 2nd graders will practice three times per week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Once school begins, 1st and 2nd graders will only practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- All practices will be at Auburn Community Park.
- By league rules, all players must have a full week of non-contact conditioning before being allowed any contact in practice
Games – The Western Reserve Youth Football League (WRYFL) has not yet completed scheduling its games for 2018. When we know the precise dates/times of the first games we will be sure to promptly notify all parents and players.
– Kenston Youth Football Board